Bacon Wrapped Venison Medallions
- - Venison backstrap cut into 1” thick medallions
- - Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Bath
- - Oakridge BBQ Venison and Wild Game Rub
- - Classic or thin cut bacon, do not use thick
Place the medallions in a zip top bag with the Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Bath. Squeeze the air out and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 400ºF set up for indirect grilling with GrillGrates. Remove the steaks from the brine. Wrap each one with one half of a slice of bacon, and secure the bacon with a toothpick. Season each side and the bacon with Oakridge BBQ Venison and Wild Game Rub. Rest 5-10 minutes, to let the rub set on the meat.
Grill the medallions for about 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill until the internal temperature reaches 130ºF. Check the temperature with an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-100. Remove from the grill. Rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken and Pesto
– 1 spaghetti squash
– 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
– Olive oil
– Salt and Pepper
– Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
For the Pesto:
– 2 cups (about 2 oz before picking leaves) packed fresh basil leaves
– 1/4 cup pinenuts, toasted
– 2 cloves garlic, chopped
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 1/4 cup EVOO