Carne Asada with Chimichurri
Submerge steak in Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles bath. Let sit one hour for every pound of meat. Preheat cooker to 475ºF. Grill about 2 to 3 minutes each side, until internal temperature reaches 125ºF. Let rest ten minutes. Slice thin. Serve with hatch chimichurri sauce.
– 3/4 cup cilantro
– 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
– 4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled & stems removed (use when Hatch chiles are not in season)
– 4 anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled & stems removed (use when Hatch chiles are not in season)
– 1/4 sweet onion
– 6 cloves garlic
– 2 tbsp capers
– 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 2/3 cup high quality EVOO
– salt and black pepper, to taste
Place all of the ingredients into the food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are chopped and well combined. Adjust consistency with more olive oil for a looser sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.