Chorizo and Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers
Makes 2 dozen halves
– 12 Jalapeños, halved, seeded
– 12 oz sliced bacon, cut in half
– 8 oz cream cheese
– 4 oz cheese, sharp cheddar, pepper-jack or a mixture
– 4 oz chorizo
– 1 t Cattleman’s Grill Carne Asada Seasoning
- - 1/2 C half-and-half
- - 2 oz goat cheese
- - 1-2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- - 2 cloves garlic
- - 1/4 t cumin
- - pinch nutmeg
- - 2 1/2 C heavy creamy
- - 2 1/2 lb russet potatoes, peeled, sliced thin
- - salt to taste
- - Cattleman's Grill Carne Asada Seasoning to taste
- - 8 oz sharp white cheddar, shredded
- - 2 oz pepper jack, shredded
- - 6 oz cooked brisket, diced
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 400ºF. Combine the half-and-half, goat cheese, garlic, chipotle, nutmeg and cumin in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl with the heavy cream and whisk to combine.
Arrange half of the potato slices in the bottom of a greased Lodge Logic 10" Cast Iron Skillet. Season the potatoes with salt and Cattleman's Grill Carne Asada Seasoning. Pour half of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Add half of the brisket, 2 oz. of the cheddar and all of the pepper jack cheese. Layer on top the remaining potatoes. Season again with salt and Cattleman's Grill Carne Asada Seasoning. Pour the rest of the cream mixture over the potatoes. Cover the skillet with foil.
Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil. Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and brisket meat. Bake uncovered an additional 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and the cheese is browning.