- 2 half racks Omaha Steaks baby back ribs
- Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade & Injection
- Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub
- Kim’s Gourmet Bourbon-aki Sauce
- 4 King’s Hawaiian full sized buns
- For the slaw:
- 12 oz broccoli slaw mix (broccoli, carrots, cabbage)
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cilantro, rough chop
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
Make the slaw a couple of hours ahead of time. combine the slaw mix, green onions and cilantro in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, lime juice, soy sauce, honey and sesame oil. Whisk well. Pour the liquid over the veggies and mix well. Store in the refrigerator.
Slice the racks into individual ribs. Place in a zip top bag or brining container. Refrigerate for one hour. Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 275ºF. Remove from the marinade. Pat mostly dry with paper towels. Season on all sides with Oakridge BBQ Dominator Rib Rub.
Smoke the ribs on the second shelf until the meat is nice and tender, but not yet falling off of the bone, about 2.5 hours.
Transfer the ribs to a foil pan and toss in Kim’s Gourmet Bourbon-aki Sauce to coat. Return the grill and continue cooking until the meat is tender enough to pull off of the bone and the sauce is sticky, about 30-45 minutes.
Pull the meat from the bones. Shred the meat by hand, or chop roughly. Pile the meat on the bun. Top with the slaw and some of the reduced Bourbon-aki sauce from the pan.