- - 6 lbs pork shoulder, cut into 3-4 equal pieces
- - Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- - 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- - 10 sage leaves
- - 3 sprigs rosemary
- - 1 bay leaf
- - 1 head of garlic, sprout end cut off
- - 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- - zest of 1 lemon
- - 6 cups whole milk
- - parmesan for serving
- Chile Pistou
- - 4 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded
- - 2 cup parsley leaves
- - 2 dozen arugula leaves
- - 4 dozen basil leaves
- - 1 dozen sage leaves
- - 2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves only
- - 6 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled
- - 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- - kosher salt, to taste
Heat a Lodge Logic 12” Cast Iron Skillet over high heat. Season with pork with Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning. Add the olive oil to the skillet, enough to cover the bottom. Working in batches, brown the pork on all sides. Transfer to a Lodge Logic 7 Quart Dutch Oven.
Preheat your Yoder Smoker YS640 to 425ºF. Add the sage, rosemary, bay leaf, garlic, red chile flakes and lemon zest to the dutch oven. Pour the milk over all the ingredients. Cover and transfer the dutch oven to the cooker. Cook for 2-2.5 hours, turning the pork occasionally, until the pork is fork tender and milk is curdled. Serve with Chile Pistou.
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are well combined.
With the processor running, slowly add in the olive oil. Continue processing until smooth. Taste and season with salt.