Videos: Pulled Pork Cornbread Waffle Sandwich with Caramelized Onion & Apple Chutney
- Leftover pulled pork
- Plowboys BBQ Sweet 180 BBQ Sauce
- Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce
- For the Caramelized Onion and Apple Chutney:
- 1 lb yellow onions, sliced thin
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb apples, diced
- House of Q Sugar & Spice BBQ Sauce
- For the Cornbread Waffle:
- 1 (8.5 oz) package Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 (14.75 oz) can cream style corn
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
To make the chutney, combine the onions and vegetable oil in a Lodge Logic 12” cast iron skillet, along with a pinch of salt. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are browned and softened. Add the apples and about 1/2 cup House of Q Sugar & Spice BBQ Sauce and continue cooking until the apples are tender and sauce has reduced, and is sticky.
To make the waffle, combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. Cook in a waffle maker until crispy.
Warm your pork and place on the cornbread waffle. Top with the chutney and a 50/50 mixture of Plowboys BBQ Sweet 180 BBQ Sauce and Plowboys BBQ Tarheel Tang BBQ Sauce. Place another waffle on top.