‘Tis the season for pumpkin! There is a multitude of pumpkin recipes out there, but if you have a hundred other things going on this Thanksgiving, as most of us do, then this recipe is what you need to pull off a flavor-packed low maintenance dessert.
Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- 1 (29 oz) can pumpkin puree1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice 1 (14 oz) can
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice (14 oz)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, sliced into pats
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granola
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 to 2 tbsp white sugar (to taste)
- 1 to 2 tsp bourbon (to taste)
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 375ºF. Spread the pumpkin puree in the bottom of a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet. Top with the sweetened condensed milk. Sprinkle the pumpkin pie spice, pecans and yellow cake mix over the sweetened condensed milk. Top the cake mix with the pats of butter. Sprinkle the brown sugar and granola over the top.
Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes. Take a fork and make sure all of the cobbler is moistened by pushing any dry spots down and mixing around. Bake about 10 minutes longer. While the cobbler bakes make the whipped cream. Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, tasting as you go. Whip to desired firmness then whisk in the bourbon. Taste and adjust as necessary.