- Horseradish Slaw
- - 1/4 head green cabbage
- - 1/4 Cup grated carrots
- - 2 T horseradish cream
- - 2 T rQ! Ivory Barbecue Sauce
- - Juice of 1/2 lime
- - 1 T sugar
- - 1 t kosher salt
- - 1 t Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub Cajun Blend
- Salsa (see below)
- - 1 tomato - Choose your favorite. We used store bought heirlooms
- - 1/2 red onion
- - 1 clove garlic, small
- - 1/4 Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- - 1/4 Cup diced pineapple
- - juice of 1/2 lime
- - salt, to taste
- Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- - 10oz Shrimp, cleaned, no tails
- - Corn tortillas
- - Cotija or Queso Fresco
- - Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub Cajun Blend
-Core and thinly slice cabbage. Rinse, drain and place in large bowl, along with the shredded carrots. Sprinkle sugar, salt and Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub Cajun Blend over cabbage. Toss and let sit.
Combine horseradish cream, rQ! Ivory Barbecue Sauce and lime juice in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Pour over cabbage mixture. Toss to coat.
-Small dice tomatoes, red onion and pineapple. Mince Garlic. Chop Cilantro. Combine in a bowl.
Juice the lime. Add to bowl, with other ingredients. Sprinkle salt, to taste. Allow to rest, for flavors to meld.
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
-Apply generous coating of the rub to the shrimp and allow to rest, at least 20 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 (or other grill) to 325°. Place the shrimp on a FrogMat on the grill. Grill to an internal temperature of 145ºF (check the temperature using an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-100). Corn tortillas can be heated on the grill.
Assemble tacos to taste. Garnish with Cotija or Queso Fresco and fresh cilantro.
* To kick up the heat a notch, try adding Grinders Molten Hot Sauce.