- - 1 box cake mix
- In addition to the ingredients called for on the box:
- -- add one extra egg
- -- use melted butter in place of oil, and double the amount
- -- use milk in place of water
- - 1 (4 oz) stick of butter, room temperature
- - 2 C powdered sugar
- - 1/2 C cocoa powder
- - 6 T Grand Marnier
- - 1/2 C milk
- - 1 T orange zest
- - 1/4 C mini chocolate chips
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS 640 to 350ºF. Combine the cake ingredients in a bowl. Mix by hand, with a whisk, until lumps are gone. Pour into the bundt mold. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the cake pulls out clean.
Meanwhile, whip the powdered sugar and butter in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Once well combined, turn the mixer to low, add the cocoa, milk and Grand Marnier. You can increase the speed to whisk out any lumps. When icing is smooth, add the zest and mix just a few seconds longer.
After the cake has cooled, turn it out of the mold. Pour the icing over the cake. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the icing.