- - Filet mignon steaks
- -Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Bath
- - Cattleman's Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub
- Chipotle Aioli (recipe below)
- - 1 egg yolk
- - 1 chipotle in adobo sauce
- - 1/2 tsp adobo sauce
- - 1 clove garlic, chopped
- - 1 Tbsp lime juice
- - 1/2 cup grape seed or vegetable oil (don’t use olive oil)
Place your steaks in a zip top bag with the Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Bath. Marinate for 45 minutes.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Smoker to 475ºF, set up with GrillGrates. Remove the steaks from the marinade, and wipe off the excess with a paper towel. Season with Cattleman's Grill Smoky Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub. Let sit five minutes.
Grill the steak on each side for about five minutes, getting nice grill marks. Grill until the internal temperature reaches 120ºF. Check internal temperature with an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-100. Pull and rest five minutes before slicing. Serve with Chipotle Aioli.
Combine all ingredients except oil in a food processor. Process to puree ingredients, then with the processor running add the oil very slowly until it’s all incorporated.