Marinated chicken with pepperoni, sausage and jalapenos makes this BBQ pizza a treat from your grill or smoker. Makes enough for about two 14 inch pizzas. This is a great first pizza that will be your favorite.
Firebug Grilled BBQ Pizza Recipe
- 1/3 c. Tomato sauce
- 1/3 c. Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce
- 2 c. Chicken breast or thighs (marinated 4-6 hours w/ 1/8 c. Firebug) grill or bake until carmelized
- 2 Balls of Pizza dough for 14 inch rounds or 2 flatbreads of similar size
- 1/8 c. Pepperoni (diced or thin strips)
- 1/8 c. Italian sausage
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 c. red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 T. jalapeno rings (finely minced)
- 3 T. Dill pickle slices (chopped)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Cooker* to 425 °F, place pizza crust on your grill, cook for 3 – 4 minutes, flip the crust.
Mix together tomato sauce and Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Spread over pizza dough. Spread chicken, pepperoni and sausage, then top with peppers, onions, and pickles. Spread the cheeses evenly over the top and drizzle lightly with more Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Thanks to Shannon Kimball of Firebug BBQ Sauce for the recipe!