- Pulled Pork (recipe below)
- - 1 boston butt pork shoulder (about 5 lb)
- - Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade and Injection
- - 1/2 cup kosher salt
- - 1/4 cup cumin, toasted then ground
- - 1/4 cup fresh ground black pepper
- - juice of 1 medium orange
- - juice of 1/2 a lime
- - 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- - 2 shallots, sliced thin
- - 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- - Smoked Ham, sliced
- - Swiss Cheese
- Spicy Dill Pickles (recipe below)
- - 1 large cucumber, sliced 1/8” thick
- - 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- - 1 (.66 oz) package baby dill
- - 1 cup white wine vinegar
- - 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- - 2 tbsp sugar
- - 2 tsp kosher salt
- - 1/2 tsp whole mustard seeds
- - 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- - 3 dried arbol chiles
- - Grannie’s Horseradish Mustard
- - Baguette
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 350ºF. Slice the baguette horizontally, but not all the way through. Assemble the sandwich, mustard on bottom, then sliced ham, pulled pork, swiss cheese topped with dill pickles.
Place the sandwich on the grill and weigh it down with a brick wrapped in several layers of foil. When the bottom gets crisp, flip and repeat on the other side. Remove when both sides are nicely toasted and cheese is melted.
Place the cucumber slices in a one quart mason jar. Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar and salt have dissolved. Cool to room Temperature. Pour over the cucumbers and refrigerate overnight before serving.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 250ºF. Inject your pork with about 1 cup of Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade and Injection. Wipe excess marinade off the surface of the meat. Combine the salt, cumin and black pepper. Rub liberally on all surfaces.
Smoke until internal temperature reaches 140ºF. Remove from the cooker. Lay out two sheets of foil, one directly on top of the other. Place the shallots and garlic in the center of the foil. Pour the vinegar, orange and lime juices over the pork, then wrap the pork tightly with the two layers of foil. Return the pork to the cooker. Increase the temperature to 350ºF and cook until the pork is tender enough to pull apart. The internal temperature will likely be around 200ºF. Check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer like the Maverick PT-100, as a guideline. When the pork is done, shred the meat and incorporate the juices at the bottom of the foil into the shredded meat.