Try our take on fish tacos with this marinated mahi-mahi recipe from Chef Tom. This healthy and tasty recipe is quick to make.
Grilled Mahi Mahi Tacos Recipe
- 1 lb Mahi Mahi fillet
- Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Bath
- Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub
- Chili Dawg’s Mangonero Pepper Spread
- Broccoli Slaw (recipe below)
- 3 avocados, pureed in blender with a squeeze of lime juice
- cotija cheese, for serving
- cilantro, for serving
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (12 oz) bag of asian slaw mix
- 1/3 Cup Brewer’s Best Mustard BBQ Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- salt, to taste
Marinate the Mahi Mahi in the Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Bath for one hour. Preheat your cooker to 450ºF. Remove the fish from the marinade. Dust with Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub. Grill flesh side down for 2-3 minutes. Rotate about 90ºF. Grill 2-3 minutes. Flip and grill skin side down.
When internal temperature reaches 125ºF, brush the top side of the fillet with Chili Dawg’s Mangonero Pepper Spread. When internal temperature reaches 135ºF, remove from the cooker. Remove skin and flake the fish. Assemble tacos. Corn tortilla, slaw, cilantro, salsa, fish, avocado puree and cotija.
Combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.