- - 1 lb ziti, rigatone or penne
- - 1 (26 oz) jar Mama Capri Basilico pasta sauce
- - 2 links italian sausage, cooked, diced
- - 16 oz ricotta
- - 1 egg
- - 2 T fresh basil, minced
- - 2 T fresh parsley, minced
- - 2 T fresh oregano, minced
- - 6 oz parmesan, grated
- - 8 oz mozzarella or burrata
- - salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta to al dente (not too soft). For cooking times, refer to the pasta packaging.
Preheat your cooker to 250ºF. Combine the pasta and Mama Capri Basilico in a bowl. Toss to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, herbs and one cup of the parmesan. Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine ingredients. Transfer the ricotta mixture to a plastic zip top bag. Place half of the sauced noodles in Lodge Logic 12" Cast Iron Skillet. Top the pasta with half of the ricotta mixture (cut corner of bag and pipe over pasta), half of the mozzarella (torn or cut into pieces), half of the diced hot link and half of the remaining parmesan. Pour the rest of the pasta in the pan. Top it with the remaining ricotta mixture, mozzarella, hot link and parmesan.
Cook the dish at 250ºF for half an hour. After half an hour turn the heat up to 400ºF and cook until the dish begins to brown on top and around the edges, about 30 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy!