- - 2 medium beets, red, gold or both
- - 1 large tart apple (granny smith)
- - 1 cup slaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- - 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- - 3 cups baby spinach
- - 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Asian Citrus Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- - 1/4 cup olive oil
- - 1 tbsp sesame oil
- - 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- - 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- - 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- - 2 tbsp Kim’s Gourmet Original Teriyaki Sauce
Preheat your Yoder Smoker YS640 to 300ºF set up for indirect grilling/smoking and light an A-MAZE-N Tube Smoker. Also set up GrillGrates on the bottom shelf. Place the tube smoker on the GrillGrates, just above the firebox. Wash the beets well, rub with olive oil and lightly season with salt. Place beets directly on the second shelf and smoke until tender when pierced with a knife, a couple of hours.
Turn the cooker up to 425ºF. Quarter and core the apple. Grill the apple on the GrillGrates to achieve good grill marks, but not so long that it becomes mushy. Dice the apple quarters.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss to coat everything with the dressing.
Asian Citrus Vinaigrette-Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Whisk well to combine.