- - 1 beef top round roast
- - Butcher BBQ Prime Dust
- - 1 cup vegetable stock (optional)
- - 1/4 tsp dried rosemary, minced
- - 1/4 tsp dried thyme, minced
- - Cattleman’s Grill Steakhouse Seasoning
- - Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub
- - 3 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded & stemmed
- Horseradish Creme Friache (recipe below)
- - 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- - 2 tablespoons cultured buttermilk
- - 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- - 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- - baguette (or other crusty bread), sliced
- - butter for the bread
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 to 250ºF. Mix the Butcher BBQ Prime Dust with the vegetable stock (or equal amount of water) in an injection mixer. Add the rosemary and thyme. Shake well until all of the powder is dissolved. Using a marinade injector, inject the meat with the liquid, all over in a grid pattern. Apply the rubs to all surfaces of the roast. Rest 5 minutes.
the roast to the cooker and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 125ºF when probed with an instant read thermometer. The cook time will depend on the size of your roast, but plan for a couple of hours. Remove the roast from the cooker. Chill overnight in the refrigerator. Once full chilled slice the beef as thin as possible.
To roast the red bells, place on the grill over direct high heat (500ºF). Roast until the skins are blackened. Transfer to a zip top bag to steam. After 20 minutes, remove the peppers from the bag and peel the skins, remove the seeds and stems.
Assemble the crostini. Spread a layer of horseradish cream on the buttered toasted/grilled bread slices. Top each slice with a piece of roasted red pepper and one or two slices of roast beef.
Horseradish Creme Friache-Combine all ingredients in a squeeze bottle. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Let sit out at room temperature for 24 hours. It will thicken in that time. Store in the refrigerator.