Recipe: Firebug Grilled BBQ Pizza
- 1/3 c. Tomato sauce
- 1/3 c. Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce
- 2 c. Chicken breast or thighs (marinated 4-6 hours w/ 1/8 c. Firebug) grill or bake until carmelized
- 1/8 c. Pepperoni (diced or thin strips)
- 1/8 c. Italian sausage
- 1/2 c. red bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1/2 c. red onion (sliced thin)
- 2 T. jalapeno rings (finely minced)
- 3 T. Dill pickle slices (chopped)
- 1 1/2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan
Mix together tomato sauce and Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce. Spread over pizza dough. Spread chicken, pepperoni and sausage, then top with peppers, onions, and pickles. Spread the cheeses evenly over the top and drizzle lightly with more Firebug Grilling Sauce Hot BBQ Sauce.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Cooker* to 425 °F, place pizza crust on your grill, cook for 3 - 4 minutes, flip the crust, build your toppings and cook until crust is golden and crispy! *You can use a pizza oven, ceramic grill, charcoal grill, or gas grill as well.
Thanks to Shannon Kimball of Firebug BBQ Sauce for the recipe!